Wednesday, March 20, 2013

We Were the Jones'

So much has been happening- I've been a little elevated... Husband has been home most of the days, which equates to not much work and a very sad bank account.  Baby has been trying tirelessly to crawl.  I'm pretty sure she's even been doing it in her sleep with all of the tossing and turning that's been going on, sleep giggles and whimpers and all!  And our very temperamental Boston Terrier has taken to defecating on the ONLY white rug in the house consistently.  Not ONLY, but definitely my favorite.  He's a very strange one...

Ok so maybe we weren't the Jones'.  But when times were good and my cash flow was GREAT we always had the new and better.  Not necessarily best, but definitely better.  Okay maybe we did have a few of the best's.  The new phones, electronics, oh my goodness and our closets!  I miss how our closets were.  We had fresh tags hanging off of our clothes often.  But that's not the case now.

He has a different job entirely, I've chosen the stay at home route, and I have made the decision to aspire to the minimal life.  Whatever that may be.  That's hard to do for an ex-shopoholic (manic bipolar episodes are probably a more accurate description).  I still want the designer labels and new gadgets and I find myself getting depressed when I think about how I can't just go out and buy them like I used to-  And then I get frustrated for getting depressed!  How stupid is that?!  I want to go against the new American Lifestyle of gotta have it now, and raise my daughter to appreciate all of the little things around her, so that when she can get the good stuff she'll have THAT MUCH MORE appreciation for them.

I struggle probably mostly with her- Toys and clothes for her are my big one right now.  Toys not so much I guess, I love the little things that I have made for her to play with.  But when I buy her toys I want them to be Euro-friendly.  Non-toxic.  NOT MADE IN CHINA.  Rubber not plastic.... And the list goes on... And for her wardrobe.  I hate having her dressed in Carter's in public. How pathetic is that?!  Mainly because she's not just another baby dressed in a monkey suit.  She's effing AWESOME and her wardrobe should show that.  I know it's dumb to buy designer baby clothes because of how fast they grow.  But damnit, I have definitely tried, and I think I have been quite successful at it :-)

As for my mental health these days-  As usual having Hubster home is hard for me.  I work better solo.  But I guess we're managing.  I have been cycling pretty much hourly and have given up altogether on mood charting for the past couple of days.  I think it's safe to say that I'm a glass half-empty kinda gal today- Tank on E. But my mind is running away leaving my body behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment